This vegan, gluten free, granola recipe from Lauren Marshall is AMAZING. Easy. Quick. Delicious.
Make some tonight and set yourself up for an amazing Friday morning!! Serve over chia pudding for maximum nutrients and protein... prevent that blood sugar roller coaster from happening before it starts. And with it being summer, you can top it all off with fresh berries - antioxidant overload :)
- 1 ½ cup wheat free oats
- 1 cup buckwheat groats (can get these at Bulk Barn. If you can, soak them in water for a few hours first)
- ½ cup chopped almonds (can use other nuts.. walnuts, pecans, cashews)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup chopped raisins (or dried cranberry, apricot, blueberries etc)
- ½ cup chopped, pitted dates
- Mix everything together except the dried fruit and dates.
- Spread evenly on parchment paper lined baking tray
- Bake at 300F for 30 minutes or until golden. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mix in dried fruit
- Serve over chia pudding or yogurt (if not vegan)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond, coconut, rice, hemp, soy milk
- mix everything in a jar and shake a few times and watch the seeds absorb the liquid.
- You can do this overnight and have it ready for you in the morning.
- Feel free to add a pinch of cinnamon to help stabilize blood sugar levels.
**Photo credits to: littlebroken.com