This recipe is from an old Chatelaine magazine, I want to add it to my archives just in case I lose this old tattered copy!
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 796ml can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (or use 1.5 tsp dried thyme)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large cauliflower
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tsp coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat over to 400F.
2. Combine pepper with onion, tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, thyme and salt in a 9x13in baking dish.
3. Remove and discard leaves from the cauliflower. Using a paring knife, cut out most of the core from the stem of the cauliflower, but leaving enough so that the cauliflower stays in one piece. Place on top of the pepper mixture and cover with foil. Roast for 45 minutes.
4. While cooking, mix the parmesan, Dijon, and mayo together in a bowl.
5. After 45 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil. Spread the mixture all over the cauliflower. Continue roasting uncovered until fork tender (about 15 minutes).
6. Transfer cauliflower to a platter.
7. Puree pepper mixture with sugar and cider vinegar in a blender and serve with the cauliflower.