- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 inch ginger piece, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cut natural peanut butter
- handful of greens, chopped (collard greens or kale are best for this, but you can use spinach if you need and just add very close to the end of cooking)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- Bring veggie broth to a boil and add onion, garlic, ginger.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whis the peanut butter, tomato paste together (you may need to use a cup of the hot broth to ensure that it is smooth).
- Pour the tomato-peanut butter mix in to the stew as well as the chickpeas and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add greens and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve alone or over some nutty brown rice, sprinkle with cilantro and chopped peanuts if you have them and enjoy!