So I Googled.
Squash mushrooms pasta.
Viola! An amazing recipe that I adapted which totally satisfied my craving, didn't make me feel yucky after, actually has a lot of antioxidants and fiber in it, and is gluten free with a dairy free option! Wow. Pair this with a green salad and you are golden.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp thyme leaves, plus additional, to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 package gluten free penne pasta
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup soaked cashews, blended into a creamy paste for a dairy free option
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese (omit if dairy free)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Arrange squash and mushrooms on prepared pan and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with thyme and season to taste. Wrap garlic in foil and place on pan.
- Bake 30-35 mins, until squash is tender.
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling salted water according to package directions
- Squeeze garlic from skins and mash with a fork. Place garlic, 1/2 of the squash, tomatoes and cream (or cashew cream) in a blender. Add any roasting juices from mushrooms. Blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- Drain pasta and return to pan with squash puree; toss to coat. Add remaining pumpkin and mushrooms. Serve topped with ricotta (optional) and additional thyme.