Brussel sprouts are not only super healthy and good for you, but they can really pack the deliciousness when done right. Try out this recipe if you want to give your liver some mega anti-oxidants and detoxing power!
- 2 packages fresh Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half (about 5-6 cups total)
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ½-1 tsp. red pepper flakes, depending on desired spiciness
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil (large enough to completely immerse the brussel sprouts). Place brussel sprouts in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from pot and drain water. Pat dry to remove excess water.
- Place brussel sprouts in a large bowl or in a gallon-sized ziplock bag.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (only 2 tbsp olive oil) in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour sauce over brussel sprouts and toss to coat.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread 1 tbsp. olive oil over it to prevent sticking. Spread brussel sprouts out evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (30 minutes if you like extra crispy), flipping brussel sprouts halfway through. Enjoy!