Pick yourself up a cauliflower tonight and your liver and gut will thank you... cauliflower has amazing compounds to help our liver function optimally as well as tons of fiber to keep our digestive tract regular.
This recipe is naturally gluten free, but not dairy free. You could use Daiya cheese as a substitute or goat cheese mozzarella if you can tolerate goat's cheese.
- 1 head raw cauliflower, riced (see below)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To rice the cauliflower: break the cauliflower into florets and place in to a Ninja or food processor until it is the texture of rice.
- In a large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper until combined and holds together. Place the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle about 1/4" thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to oven to continue baking until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. (I broiled mine for a couple of minutes to make the cheese bubble).Cool about 10 minutes and cut into 'fingers'. Garnish with fresh herbs like basil or parsley and serve with your favourite pizza sauce.