It was so easy and so yummy that I couldn't even pause to take a picture of the actual meal; only of the leftovers! You may notice the quality of the pictures from here on out... my partner is an amazing photographer and I've recruited him to take some beautiful food pictures rather than relying on my phone camera. Photo creds to him!
For the Thai Peanut Sauce:
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) natural smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) fresh lime juice, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon (37 mL) gluten free tamari (or soy sauce if you aren't gluten free)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) granulated sugar
For the Salad:
- 4 ounces (115 g) gluten-free soba (buckwheat) noodles (I used brown rice spaghetti noodles)
- 1 (16-ounce/454-g) bag frozen shelled edamame, cooked (you can get these in the natural food sections at Sobeys or Superstore)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 seedless (English) cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds, for serving
Make the Thai Peanut Sauce:
- In a mini or regular food processor, combine the garlic, sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger, lime juice, tamari, sugar (if using), and 2 to 3 tablespoons (30–45 mL) water. Process until combined.
Make the Salad:
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on package.
- Add the edamame, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, green onions, and cilantro to the bowl with the noodles and toss until well combined.
- Pour your desired amount of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. (Any leftover dressing will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- Portion the salad into 4 bowls and garnish each serving with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some green onions. Serve any leftover dressing on the side.
Read more at http://ohmyveggies.com/thai-peanut-empowered-noodle-bowl-from-oh-she-glows/#fPmdtVQPJjBq66uP.99