That was me, last night. I looked for the simple and came up with delicious! Adding veggies to your meals doesn't have to be elaborate or difficult, it can be easy and enjoyable. Goat cheese is a nice option if you are trying to limit dairy in your diet, but have cravings now and again. It is generally tolerated better than cow's milk cheese, and easier for our bodies to digest. Try this simple salad next time you need an easy way out...
- tomatoes... I like grape or cherry tomatoes, but take your pick!
- goat cheese
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar (or balsamic reduction if you can find it!!)
- salt and pepper
- Slice tomatoes and cucumbers and place in salad bowl
- Use a fork to crumble the goat cheese over the veggies
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Enjoy this easy salad!
**You can definitely add to this salad! If we had greens on hand, I would have placed the tomatoes and cucumbers on a bed of green leafys. Other tasty additions could include peppers, olives, chickpeas... get creative!