One of my favourite restaurants was The Foundation, a very hip all vegetarian place that would leave most "meatatarians" trying to remember what meat even was (*Sigh*... Im still struggling to find a decent vegetarian burger in Hants County!).
Anyhoo, I digress. I was craving my favourite salad from that restaurant... steamed broccoli and fried tofu over a bed of delicious greens with a warm peanutty dressing drizzled over top. This recipe is pretty easy and quick, especially if you have a good blender to blitz up the sauce.
- 1 block extra firm tofu: cut into thin rectangles
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil
- Purple cabbage: shredded
- Toasted seeds: pumpkin, sunflower, sesame
- Greens: spinach, kale, chard
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch ginger root. chopped
- pinch of red pepper flakes or dash of hot pepper sauce for some heat
- Steam broccoli to your liking
- Heat frying pan on medium heat, coat with coconut oil. Toss tofu, garlic powder, salt and pepper in bowl and then place in pan browning tofu on each side.
- Chop up greens and lay them on a plate
- Blend sauce ingredients together in a blender. Modify to your taste buds!
- Place steamed broccoli, shredded cabbage, and tofu on your bed of greens. Drizzle with sauce, sprinkle with toasted seeds and cilantro and enjoy!