We stuffed the peppers, chopped up some local potatoes from our Taproot CSA and used our vegetable spiralizer to spiral some beets and zucchini for meal full of antioxidants and flavour.
- Full peppers of any colour, top cut out like you would prepare a jack-o-lantern
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil
- Onion, diced
- Garlic, chopped
- Mushrooms, diced
- Any other veggies that you may have in your fridge, tomatoes, zucchini, basically anything that you can chop and stuff in!
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Cheese, grated... any variety... mozza, goat, feta, cheddar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Cook quinoa like you would cook rice (1:2 ratio of grain to water).
- Cook onion, garlic in a pan with grapeseed oil, add in more diced peppers, mushrooms, spices and cook until just barely done (not too soft)
- Once the quinoa has cooked, mix in the veggies and cheese (if using) and then stuff into your peppers.
- Place the "lid" back onto the pepper and wrap in tin foil
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the pepper is soft (not squishy) to squeeze.
- Chop potatoes how you please... chunks, wedges, etc, and par boil
- Remove from water and coat with oil, salt, pepper, and any other spices you choose
- Place on baking tray in oven with your peppers
- Turn once at the 15 minute mark
- Get yourself a spiralizer because they are so fun! Spiralize any raw veggie you like, carrots, zucchini, beets... toss with this amazing dressing:
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp tamari/soy sauce, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 clove chopped garlic, salt and pepper - mix in blender or shake really well.