I've found a new website, cookieandkate.com. She has amazing vegetarian recipes that we have been enjoying. This recipe is fresh, delicious, gluten free, dairy free, full of nutrients, fiber, and liver-loving compounds in the cabbage. It is an easy one to whip up as well.
Ingredients and Directions:
- One block extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
2. Wrap with papertowels or clean tea towels, place on a cutting board, and put something heavy like a cookbook on top. Let sit while the oven is preheating and you start on the sauce. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Once pressed for at least 10 minutes, cut in to cubes.
4. Toss with olive oil, tamari, and corn starch in a large bowl.
5. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-30 minutes on the top rack, tossing half way through.
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced (get a real lime, not the bottled stuff!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ripe mangos or a cup of thawed frozen mango, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalepeno, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/8 tsp salt
Put the wraps together!
1. Using cabbage or lettuce leaves, layer the mango salsa, tofu, and peanut sauce. Wrap and enjoy!
* We made some rice to add to the wraps, Tony is a hungry carpenter!!
** You could probably use chicken in these wraps too! I don't know how to cook it though :)