I had a craving for something sweet and peanut-buttery so I adapted a recipe from Oh She Glows to fill my craving. This recipe is quick, easy, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free... another relatively guilt-free snack! The 1/2 cup of protein provides a nice source of protein and the oats are great fiber.
- 2 cups oats (certified gluten free if you are cooking for someone with a true allergy)
- 1/2 cup smooth, all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp ground flax
- your favourite jam
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Place oats in a blender and quickly pulse them so they are mostly ground but you have some larger pieces left.
- Mix oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, flax, salt in a large bowl.
- Roll in to balls and place on a a baking sheet (I put parchment paper on mine). Use your thumb to gently press and make a small dent in the centre of the cookie.
- Using a small spoon, put about 1/2 tsp of jam in to the centre of your cookie.
- Bake for 11 (ish) minutes.
- If you want to be fancy, drizzle with a mixture of softened peanut butter + a tsp of maple syrup + 1 tsp coconut oil. You can definitely skip this step and the cookies will be just as amazing!!